Wednesday, October 15, 2014

35 Weeks

Here is another update, finally!  I hit the 35 week mark on Saturday.  It is super exciting to realize that in less than 2 weeks I'll be in the safe zone for a homebirth, and that hopefully we will be welcoming our little one in about a month or less!  We are getting so close, and I am getting READY!  I have to say though, that I think this has been my easiest and least uncomfortable pregnancy of the four.  I've gained more weight than I would like, but I haven't had much back pain, really bad heartburn (except for a handful of times), or leg cramps, etc.  My swelling hasn't been bad, either.  I still don't love pregnancy, but I am so very thankful that this one has been so smooth and straightforward.  And I'm praying that the labor and delivery will be the same way. :)

Here are a couple pictures from the past two Sundays.  First, here I am at 34 weeks . . . I got Jim to be in the picture with me. :)  I doubt I could get him to pose for actual "pregnancy shots" like some couples take, with his hands on my belly and all that--he's just not the type!--but it was fun to get a regular picture of the two of us.

And here I am at 35 weeks:



And at this point it's fun looking at my dressy maternity clothes and wondering how many more Sundays I will need to wear them. :)  For the first time ever, I've had so many choices that I haven't gotten sick of them yet!  It's been fun to see what I can come up with by mixing and matching.

I had my 35 week visit with Sherry on Saturday, 10/11. Everything continues to look good.  Baby's heart rate was in the 130s/140s and I was measuring between 34/35 weeks.  My b/p was 120-something over 77 (I think--I forgot to write it down).  At least I know it was in the normal range. :)  I will have another appt. this coming Weds.--appts. are now every week, and even though it won't have been a full week since my last visit, this was the way it worked out best with factoring in Sherry's home visit the following week.

I think I finally have collected all the birth supplies we need, including some that weren't on the list, but might be handy to have.  The only big things I still need to get are diapers and wipes.  I've been feeling the need to "nest" this week, and have been doing some cleaning and organizing.  I've also been working on stocking the freezer with some meals over the past month or so.  As of tonight, I have 5 casseroles and 1 bag of beef stew starter mix in there.  I want to make some stuffed shells later this week, and maybe some bread and cookies or bars, too.  It's nice to know I have about a week's worth of meals ready to go, anyway.  My mom also brought some granola for the freezer, so we have some breakfast options too!

*****************************
I wrote all that on Monday night, never got it posted, and now it's Wednesday, so I figured I might as
well update on today's appt. too.  I was feeling really tired today (up a lot to use the bathroom last night), so I asked Jim if he would mind going with the kids and me.  He didn't mind, and it was really nice to have him with us.  Baby's heart rate today was 120s-130s (I think), and position is still good.  My b/p was up a bit, I think it was something like 124/82.  Not a huge concern, but something to watch, as my b/p has a history of getting higher at the end of pregnancy.  I've been having more swelling this week, especially in my feet and ankles, but also some in my fingers.  I can still wear my rings most of the time, so that's nice.

So next Tuesday, Sherry and the assisting midwife will come for the home visit.  It'll be nice not to have to drive anywhere for that appt! :)

We stopped at Walmart on the way home and bought some diapers and wipes.  They ended up being a really good price after coupons and rebate offers.  And I think that's the last thing I needed to get before baby's arrival!  We also bought a little Thanksgiving onesie just because. :)  I'm blogging this from my iPod (while keeping my feet up!) and I have a pic of the onesie on here, but can't figure out how to post it on the blog.  Maybe I'll be able to add it later, or I'm sure eventually I'll post a pic of Baby wearing it. Now hopefully Baby will actually arrive before Thanksgiving... :)

Well, I guess I will stop chattering for now...blogging from an iPod can be challenging. :)  I hope to get a chance to post in my regular blog soon!  Till next time...thanks for reading!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting soooo patiently for this update! :) I always enjoy reading your pregnancy updates. I am glad that Jim was in the picture with you. It is always FUN to see couples together I think. Getting a new baby is just as exciting for the Dad's. Josh ALWAYS reminds me of this. :) So excited to find out who your littlest one will be.

1HappyWife said...

You look great! Hannah saw you and said she looks so tiny :-). Great picture of the 3 of you :-). Is Sam your photographer? Where did you get your boots? I need to get a pair...actually I needed a pair last year as one side was open ... Not water proof at all. Guess your cat didn't want to stick around for your 35 week picture. Lol! The girls are ready to make pom POM's so I need to go. Praying you are doing better! Not much longer!!!!

Carrie said...

Nikki, thanks for waiting patiently! I hope to get a 37 week update posted today. :)

Joey, I'm not feeling so tiny anymore! Looking forward to the day when I can bend over normally again...and roll over in bed without making a 3-4 point turn...I'm sure you can relate. ;) I got my boots from ShoeMall.com. They were running a 30% off sale a few weeks back, which made them less than $30. I didn't think that was too bad. They aren't super great quality (not real leather), but the price was good and I think they will hold up pretty well. I haven't tried them in rainy/snowy weather yet though, so we shall see. I already had some black leather boots and some cowboy boots, but had been wanting brown ones too, so I was happy to find these.