Thursday, May 29, 2014

What I'm Wearing

I thought it would be fun to do some posts called "What I'm Wearing" so you can see some of my new maternity clothes. :)  I may try to do one of these per week through the summer, but we'll see.  No promises; you know my track record as a faithful blogger!!

First of all, I'm happy that I made it to my goal of being able to wear regular clothes till 15-16 weeks.  I will be 16 weeks on Saturday, and I can still fit into my regular clothes and even still button my jeans and zip my skirts--but it's a squeeze!!!  I have already been adding in some of my new maternity stuff because a) it's more comfy now, and b) I was impatient to start wearing some new things. ;)  I'll admit that I would not be nearly this excited if I hadn't been able to buy some new clothes!  But having them is making the pregnancy more fun. :)

So without further ado, here is my outfit for today:

I don't think this shirt looks as flattering from the front, but I think it will look better when my tummy is a little bigger. :)  It is definitely comfy, though!
 From the side.  Yeah, not much of a belly bump yet, but I'm trying to show what little there is!
I am the type that thinks it is interesting to read outfit details, so here goes.  
Cami: Forever 21
Shirt: Old Navy (this was from the huge lot of used clothes I bought)
Pants (which convert to capris): Motherhood (I bought these at the thrift store, but the other clothes I bought came with an identical pair, just a size larger--which should work great also!)

I need to rave about these pants for a minute. :)  This is the first time I've had a pair with the "secret fit" belly panel, and it. is. FABULOUS.  So super comfy.  When we first announced our pregnancy, my sis-in-law recommended the Oh Baby! by Motherhood brand of capris found at Kohl's.  I think these are very similar, and I love that they can be either pants or capris, so they are super versatile.  I'm excited to have 2 pairs!  They are similar to these, which can be found at Kohl's.  And these from Motherhood.  Only buying used made them a lot cheaper. ;)

And if you ever wanted to see a super silly/scary pic of me, here ya go: 
My photographer (Sam) wouldn't stop pressing the shutter button, so I was coming after him . . . :D

I may count this post for my 16 week photo, unless I decide to stick with my plan of always posting a pic of me in a black shirt.  Which probably depends on if I remember to take a picture on Saturday. :)

There isn't a whole lot of new pregnancy stuff to report.  Still feeling little wiggles and flutters now and then, and my tummy is definitely continuing to grow, so that's good.  So far I've been keeping up with my exercise goal of walking/running (mostly walking!) on the treadmill 3-5 times a week.  I've already started drinking pregnancy tea, which I believe has made a big difference in my past births--I drink it iced, which is so yummy and will be wonderful this summer!  I am going to need to order more herbs soon from the Bulk Herb Store . . . right now I am using up what I had from 6+ years ago!

Speaking of Bulk Herb Store, they have had a lot of great pregnancy/birth/postpartum posts on their blog lately, by various writers.  Lots of helpful stuff.  I'm even more inspired to make this my healthiest pregnancy yet; however, I have lots of work to do!  I know I can do better with nutrition, especially.  I would love to buy their book Making Babies or the DVD set that goes along with it . . . but they are pricey!!  They are actually both on special this month though, so I might be able to splurge on the book.  I've had my eye on these ever since they came out, but since we didn't expect to have more kids, I didn't expect I would really need them!  Anyway, this summer I hope to do more intentional study on good nutrition for me and baby, and learn more about herbs, teas, etc. that would be helpful.  

Well, I think I have made this post long enough for today!!  Guess I felt chatty. :)  Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

1HappyWife said...

I just started drinking my pregnancy tea too :) ... I think this is the latest I have ever started. Right now I am using the bags but hope to order from Bulk Store soon. I have a Mrs. Tea that is just perfect for using them in.
It will be fun to see all your outfits!!! I like the green on you :). That last picture was priceless!! I'll try to post my smoothie recipe next week ... it is very refreshing this time of year. Now back to read your other blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,
I LOVE that you are updating your blog and I too like outfit pictures. :) Sooooooo fun! :) I have the Making Babies book but never ordered the dvds because of the cost. :) I found the book to have a lot of helpful information even for people who are not pregnant. .:) I use the deodorant recipe in there. Well happy to "see" you enjoying a healthy pregnancy. :) Can't wait to see you blog again.

Carrie said...

Joey--I thought people might get a kick out of that last picture! :D Fun to be silly once in a while...

Nikki--thanks for letting me know how you like the book! I forgot to order one in May when they were discounted, but Amazon has them for a pretty good price, so I may get one eventually. I love learning more about natural health and herbs, etc, so I think it would be useful! Glad you are enjoying the blog updates. :)