Thursday, June 05, 2014

What I'm Wearing 2: 16 weeks, 5 days

These pics were actually of my outfit yesterday, so 16 weeks, 4 days. :)  But I didn't get around to posting till today.  This is one of my most favorite (so far) early pregnancy outfits for a day that's not too hot and not too cold.  I'm hoping the sweatshirt/hoodie top still stretches enough to fit in the fall too, so I can enjoy it then!  It will probably be too warm to wear in the middle of summer.  This was my first time trying these pregnancy jeans, and they are still a little big in the tummy, so I found myself hiking them up once in a while.  But I think they will be great when I get bigger!

 Outfit details: 
Tee (not maternity): Eddie Bauer (purchased secondhand from Twice)
Hoodie: (Liz Lange maternity) secondhand lot of clothes
Jeans: Motherhood (ditto)
Pasta necklace: birthday gift from one of my little Patch Club boys! :)
Sandals: Walmart, years ago :)
 Julia was my photographer this time.  I think you can see my baby bump a little better in this pic. :)

Not much to report in pregnancy news; I still have more than a week till my next midwife appt.  I am really enjoying this stage of pregnancy--trying to treasure it while it lasts, before I get more uncomfortable!  So far I've had very little discomfort except stretching ligaments, tiredness, etc. . . and I've been having off and on sciatic nerve trouble, as usual, but nothing too bad yet.  Last night the baby was moving a lot--the most I've felt at one time so far!  So that was fun.  I felt extra tired yesterday, so perhaps baby was having a growth spurt.  We got the kids to bed earlier than normal, and Jim and I were in bed by 9 pm, which is EARLY for us.  It felt so good!  I got a wonderful 9 hours of sleep and feel a lot more energized today.  I also finally got back to exercising this morning, after taking a few days off, and I know that helps with energy as well.  Can't believe I am almost at 17 weeks now . . . time is flying!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great!! :) I LOVE these type of posts.

Carrie said...

Thanks, Nikki! Glad you enjoy these posts--I have fun writing them, too. :)

Carrie said...

Thanks, Nikki! Glad you enjoy these posts--I have fun writing them, too. :)

1HappyWife said...

Such a cute little baby bump :).
Enjoying your pregnancy posts. I enjoy reading pregnancy posts but enjoy them even more when I am :).
Just a little over 3 weeks to go to the half-way point. Your pregnancy seems to be going faster than mine. LOL!

Carrie said...

Thanks, Joey! :) I also enjoy pregnancy posts even more when I am pregnant!

And we are actually down to less than 2 weeks to the halfway point, now . . . hopefully I'll get a new post up later today after my midwife appt!