Tuesday, March 04, 2008

32 Weeks

I had another appt. yesterday--can't believe how fast the time is flying! Sherry did the finger prick to test my glucose and hemoglobin, and both numbers were fine, so I was happy to hear that. My b/p is still fine, at 100/80. Baby's heartbeat was anywhere from the high 120s- high 140s, so plenty of good variety there. I'm measuring somewhere around 30+ weeks, and my weight gain is up to 25 lbs. total.

Baby has been VERY active lately. I *think* he/she is headed down, but Sherry couldn't tell for sure yet. I'm just thinking that because all the hiccups I feel are way down low. :)

I can have a homebirth anytime from 37 weeks on, so less than 5 weeks to go till I reach that point, which will be early April. I doubt this baby will arrive quite that early, but I wouldn't mind mid-April!

I've definitely got the nesting urge now, but I haven't had quite as much energy as I'd like. Hopefully I'll get a fresh burst soon, because there is so much I want to get cleaned and organized in the next month or two!

Well, I need to go make supper, so I'll close with the question of the week, which is:

For those of you with at least 3 kids, did you find it harder to adjust from having 1 to 2 kids, or from having 2 to 3 kids? I hear varying reports on this, so I was just curious! I felt like going from 1 to 2 was no big deal, but I admit I'm a bit nervous about adding a third! At least Sam is doing a lot of things independently now, and is old enough to be a good helper. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think for me adjusting to each new child is just as hard as it was to adjust to the one before - when it comes to the physical side - housework, caring for baby, etc. It just seems worse with each new child because now there are already other children to care for as well. I also found that I struggled in different areas with each new addition so what was hard with #2 was a breeze with #3, but then I had trouble in another area...even if it was just a simple thing like being tired all the time (as in the case with #4) I have found that once I've "faced" a particular struggle, the next time we have a child that 'experience' helps me to deal with that problem a little better...but instead of being able to just breeze through, I find something else that needs to be dealt with, something I hadn't considered before! And like it was with #2, some things were easier than they were the first time, or even the second time, but other things were a lot harder (keeping up with laundry for instance)

I found that the hardest adjustment mentally was going from 3 to 4. But, I spoke with another lady at church and her biggest struggle was with #3. I'm not sure but being tired all the time probably contributed to this a lot. Being tired usually makes it harder for me to deal with even the smallest problems that arise without my becoming emotionally challenged : ) And of course, being tired I didn't think things through very well and made a lot of mistakes, which was bad enough. But I have also been known to burst into tears for no reason at all....(which is very hard to explain when anyone asks why I'm crying - "I just am, that's why!" isn't the best answer!)
Thankfully though, all that is now in the past and we are normal again. I think....

If I was to offer some helpful advice, I would say...don't expect it to be any different than the time before. Or the same. It's the same but different all at the same time : )

Anonymous said...

I definitely felt the adjustment period more going from 2-3 than from 1-2. I think it was just that I had to realize that it was okay when one of them had to wait for something they wanted or needed. I can usually do 2 things at once, but not 3!

Then there are the grocery store trips, or just running in to get one thing (you just don't do that with 3 kids, it usually isn't worth it). But you do make the adjustment (because you have to!), and it does get easier. :)

Tracy said...

I felt like going from 2 to 3 kids was fairly easy. The girls usually played well together for the time I needed to feed Andy. With two kids, Kara was always climbing on me when I held Lydia. With three I found I was able to spend more time with the baby. Also, my oldest has been able to help more with Andy by running to get diapers/wipes, spit rags.

Anonymous said...

When I was pregnant w/ #3 I worried how I would handle things as I only had 2 hands, but there was no adjustment at all. I never worried about #4 or following and #7 I am being spoiled rotten by the older kids. Good thing! The morning sickness is by far the worst!
I have been emotional with every pregnancy and that has gotton worse, I could cry at anything. A few kids back I was driving in town by a monument I had seen hundreds of times, but being pregnant burst out bawling.
Also, I nest earlier (ask my daughter) I think it is because I am so tired that if I do get a second of energy I want to use it to clean!! Which I was planning to get the sewing room in order so I better go try. -Joey

Kara said...

I felt going from 2 to 3 was the hardest. Like someone mentioned about trips to the store, you just don't have enough hands and run out of cart room fast! But then when #4 rolled along we were already used to these things, and she was no big deal at all!