Sunday, March 23, 2008

34/35 Week Update


I had my 34 week checkup with Sherry last Monday, and am now at about 35 weeks. So here is an update for both. :) At my checkup, my weight was up one more pound, my blood pressure was normal, and baby’s heart rate was in the 130s-150s. I was measuring around 31 weeks. Baby has been hanging out on my right side for the past week or two; I often feel an elbow or knee or something poking out of my side. I remember Sam used to do that too, I’m not sure about Julia. Sherry felt for the baby’s position and he/she appears to be heading down, with the bottom up under my ribs. I’m feeling more pelvic pressure but I don’t think baby has dropped yet. I also have to use the bathroom a lot more . . . ah, the joys of those last weeks. :) I’ve been having more swelling in my fingers, feet and ankles, which is typical for me in the last month or two. I’ve given up trying to wear my wedding and engagement rings for the duration. I’m still guzzling the red rasp. leaf tea and water, and I can definitely see a difference in the swelling on the days when I drink the most. Heartburn has been off and on . . . sometimes I’ll hardly have any for several days, then it will be bad again for a few days. The sciatica has eased up some, as long as I don’t accidentally sleep on my back.

I did a bunch of cleaning in various parts of the house this week, but I still have a lot more I hope to do before baby’s arrival! I also want to make some more freezer meals, and I need to dig the newborn clothes out of storage and wash them. I also have some more birth supplies to get ready, which needs to happen by the end of this week. I feel like the due date is really sneaking up on me this time . . . I’m ready to have the baby out, but I don’t feel quite ready for his/her arrival yet, if that makes sense. :) And if I go early like I have both other times . . . then I may only have 2-3 weeks left to get things ready!

Thanks to all of you who left comments about going from two to three kiddos (or more)--it was helpful and encouraging to read all your responses. I know we’ll adjust, and I may just not try to go out grocery shopping with all 3 kiddos for a little while. :) I do plan to use a baby carrier or sling, though, which should help when I do take them all out together.

I think we’ve finally narrowed our name choices down, to 3 possible girl names and 2 or 3 possible boy names. It will be interesting to see what we end up with. :)

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: OK, it’s time to start making your guesses! Take a guess as to the baby’s birth date, gender, weight & length. It’ll be fun to see who comes the closest. :) For a point of reference, Sam was born at 37 weeks and Julia at 37.5 weeks. My estimated due date is April 26th. And my first 2 kids were 5 lbs. 14 oz., and 6 lbs. 8 oz. at birth. Guess away!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

April 15th or 17th
~ I like odd numbers and can't decide which of those I like best :-)

Boy or Girl - I narrowed it down to those choices, but couldn't decide which. Statistically speaking, I'd have to say boy. But it would be cool if your family was opposite to ours...one boy, lots of girls :-)

Okay, I will go with a boy on the 15th or a girl on the 17th.

Boy: 6 pounds 5 ounces

Girl: 6 pounds 3 ounces (had to make her smaller!)

And we are looking forward to hearing the news of the arrival of the newest family member!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm going out on a limb here. I'm going to say #3 will be different. I say boy (no reason, just chose one). You will have him at 41 weeks and he will be 8 lbs 2 ounces! :)

Rachel said...

Girl, April 12th, 6 lb. 10 oz., 19" long. I've never done one of these before so we'll see how close I come.

Mrs.T said...

I also guess it will be a girl, and I've been thinking April 12th, too. My guess for weight will be 7 lbs. 2 oz. It will be neat to see how close any of these various guessers come!

Kara said...

OK, so I don't know you, but this is fun!
You are going to make it to 38 1/2 weeks this time.
Boy, 7lbs, 3oz. (that last lady took my weight guess! :)

Jenny said...

I vote for April 21 (sorry), a boy, and 7 lbs 5 oz.

Praying for a great delivery!