Monday, March 06, 2006

A quick update

I had Jim take a couple belly pics for me yesterday--I wasn't thrilled with how I look in this one (I think I may have been blinking!), but it gives you an idea how much I've grown in 5-6 weeks.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Things seem to be going fine still--I have the occasional slight swelling in my fingers or ankles, but nothing major so far. I was feeling achy and a little crampy on Saturday, but I'm thinking it may have just been tiredness combined with indigestion. Over the past week, I've noticed that the baby gets the hiccups quite frequently. Sam used to get them all the time in utero, from 6 months on, so this one is a little later getting started. It's fun to feel, though it can get annoying when it keeps me from getting to sleep at night! Baby is very obliging at moving all over the place for Jim. We like to lie in bed with his hand on my belly for a little while before we go to sleep, and just enjoy feeling the rolls and kicks of the little one. This is also a special time when Jim gets to talk to the baby and "connect" with him or her for a little while.

Well, I better skedaddle for now and work on starting supper. Hope everyone is having a great week! I'll work on coming up with another question of the week for when I post about my next checkup (which will be a week from today).

No comments: