Monday, September 01, 2014

What I'm Wearing 7: 29 Weeks

Normally I would have waited a couple weeks to take another picture, but I liked the dress I wore to church on Sunday and wanted to get a pic in it.  This is a sort of unusual style for me, as I mostly prefer longer skirts and dresses.  But a friend passed on this maternity dress to me, and I liked how comfortable it was, and it (barely) passed Jim's knee-length test. :)  So I went with it.  I'm actually thinking it might also be cute with dressy boots and a cardigan in the fall . . . 

As you can tell, little bump is not so little now!  A friend mentioned that I'd really popped out this past week, and I think she was right!!  Some days I feel really huge already, but I still have 11 (or hopefully a little less) weeks to go, so I know I will definitely keep growing for a while!
Outfit details:
Dress: Motherhood (I think), hand-me-down
Cami: Forever 21
Necklace: Kohl's
Sandals: Marshalls (these were a splurge but I LOVE them)

Here's a bit closer belly shot:

I had my 28 week appt. (actually 28 weeks, 5 days :)) with Sherry last Thursday.  This was Jim's first time to go to one of my appts. this pregnancy, plus we took the kids, so that was fun!  My b/p was 114/77, baby's heart rate was in the 120s-140s, and I was measuring right at 28 weeks.  My weight was up exactly 25 lbs. total.  

She did the finger prick to test iron and blood glucose.  My glucose was totally fine--I've never had sugar issues in the past, so wasn't expecting any this time, but still it was nice to know it was normal.  My iron (hemoglobin) count was low, though, so I have ordered some Floradix and am going to be working on bringing up those numbers!  She will do another finger prick at my next appt. (Sept. 8) and if the numbers are still low, she'll draw a vial of blood and get a more accurate lab test done, then take it from there.  I don't remember having low iron during my other pregnancies, although I do remember being slightly anemic after giving birth to Sam.  Anyway, I'm not stressed about it, but I do need to eat more spinach and red meat; that should help, too! :)

We talked about getting birth supplies (something I need to get started on!), childcare for the kids (I'm still debating whether or not to have Julia at the birth), and whether or not to take a refresher childbirth class (not going to bother).  As mentioned above, my next appt. will be on the 8th, so around 30 weeks, and then it is every 2ish weeks for a while, and I forget when it goes to every week. I think that would start around 35/36 weeks, but I keep forgetting to ask.  It really makes the time till baby seem short, when the appts. start getting so close together!  This pregnancy is really speeding by, except for the nights (like tonight) when I am up with a random bout of heartburn. :(

I got a special blessing just over a week ago, when I was able to get the used co-sleeper I had mentioned in my last post.  Only $50, and I was able to meet the lady at our church, right after the service, so we didn't even have to travel anywhere to pick it up!  Can't wait to use it in a few months or less. :)

And I guess that is enough pregnancy news for now!  I'll update again sometime after 30 weeks. :)


3 comments:

Mrs.T said...

You certainly do look cute in that dress! It wouldn't be my pick of style either, but it does look adorable on you. Time seems to be flying by!!

1HappyWife said...

Here I am not commenting till it is past time for another update.
The dress looks good on you and would look good with boots and a jacket this fall too. I love floradix :) ... I really should have taken it more this pregnancy maybe it would have helped with energy. Your updates are always fun to read. That is exciting that you got a co-sleeper :). I have a new pack-n-play with bassinet, rocker, and changing spot. I have been saving Amazon points :) and ended up ordering a little earlier than planned because it went on sale. It is still sitting in the box but if I get my room really clean tonight we might set it up.
I can't believe you only have 10 weeks to go!! Everyone must be getting excited :). Hope you had a good week!

Carrie said...

Thanks, ladies! Joey, I FINALLY just posted a new update--I totally missed doing a 30 week one! Finally got around to publishing comments on THIS post, too! Glad you got to buy a new pack-n-play--not much longer before you will have a baby to put in it! :) You are getting SO close . . . and only 7 or so more weeks for me!! Yay!