Monday, October 22, 2007

Here we go again!

Well, I've started up this blog again to chronicle the milestones of my third pregnancy! Today I had my second visit with Sherry, my midwife. I had hoped we could hear the heartbeat at this appt., but she couldn't find it. Baby is still really little and gets away from the Doppler easily. We could hear the placenta loud and clear, though. :) I'm somewhere between 12-14 weeks. My own calculations put me at around 12-ish; Sherry's wheel thingy puts me at about 13 weeks, 5 days. So I guess for clarity's sake we'll just go with her dates unless we find out differently later in the pregnancy.

The rest of the visit was good. My b/p is fine so far, right on normal numbers. My blood work came back fine. I haven't gained any weight yet (yay!) but I'm sure I will start packing it on before long.

Some of our good friends who live nearby watched our kids while Jim and I went to the appt. It was a blessing to have some alone time and a pizza date afterwards!

I guess that's about all the pregnancy news I have to report so far! Not too much exciting stuff yet. :)

Question of the Week: I am starting to think a little bit about names. One interesting thing (that we didn't plan) is that Sam and Julia's names both contain the letters A, U, and L. I am curious if any of you can think of other names that contain those 3 letters? Not that we are set on using those letters in every kid's name or anything, I just thought it would be neat to see what names you all could think of. Who knows, maybe we'll end up using one of them. I have a couple that I have come up with so far. But basically we don't have any idea yet what we will name this new little one! I'm sure we'll come up with some good choices in time, though. :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first thought when I read those letters, and I say this with a smile....Ursula.

Unknown said...

My first though is Luann but that's not too nice of a name. How about Aurelia? It'll help when you find out gender too. Let think on it and get back to you.

So, you're doing a midwife, eh? Are you going to deliver at home or in the hospital?

Rachel said...

How fun to read the happenings of your pregnancy:). I don't have any clever names to add but the ones mentioned were cute:). My uncle LOVED the name Ursula but he is German and that is a good German name. All I can think of is the bad witch in the Little Mermaid when I hear the name Ursula. It's kind of funny how we associate names in a negative or positive fashion.

Tracy said...

Glad to hear things are going well with your pregnancy so far. You did such a great job with the weight gain on your last pregnancy, I'm sure you'll do great. As far as names go Paul has always been one of my favorite names. And I like the name Alicia suggested.

Samara said...

Paul, Laura, Lula.. wow, Alicia, I love the name Aurelia- come to think of it, Ursula is great too.

I was just thinking about baby names today (and no, I'm not pregnant but you never know) and was thinking of the name Una for a girl.

Anonymous said...

Thought of some others...Saul, Paula, Pauline, Laurelle, Laurel, Raul. I considered checking through the baby name book, but the baby is sleeping and I don't like waking her before she is ready....if she's sleeping, then I like to let her sleep!
As for picking nice names; the only baby names I have chosen or thought of myself were two middle names - #2's and #4's. #2's first name was suggested by my MIL and hubby picked the rest.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything is going well! As for names, I love the name Lauren for a girl. I like Paul for a boy. I like tend to like more traditional names, versus trendy. :)

Anonymous said...

Laura was the first I thought of and my oldest and I thought of Laurance at the same time, but we think we spelled it wrong and we are to lazy to grab the baby book. O.K. its been a looong day!
Hope you are feeling well!

Carrie said...

Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions! It was so fun to read them all. I really like the names Laura, Laurel, or Lauren for a girl (if we're looking for a name with those 3 letters). Though not my favorite boy name, Paul is a possibility--I like that it is a good strong name, also from the Bible, and is my dad's and hubby's middle name. Well, it'll be interesting to see what name(s) we end up with when the baby arrives!

Alicia, I'm planning another homebirth, Lord willing!

Joanne, "Ursula" made me smile, too. :) Definitely wouldn't be my top choice . . . but it uses the right letters!

Anonymous said...

I vote for 'Laura.' I love that name.

-Zan

Mrs.T said...

How about Lucas for a boy? You could call him Luke... And I think either Laura or Laurel would be nice for a girl. ("Laurel" has a sort of symbolic meaning, I think, in that (I believe) the original Olympic crowns were made from laurel leaves, and so we could think of laurel in the context of running our Christian race victoriously.)

Carrie said...

Zan and Mrs. T--thanks for the comments! I just now saw them because I forgot to enable comment moderation for this blog till now, so I wasn't getting the comments via email. Anyway, I appreciate the name suggestions! It'll be interesting to see what we choose in the end. :)