Thursday, December 08, 2005

Baby Flutters!

On Sunday, right at 17 weeks, I felt the first little stirrings of someone in my tummy, letting me know he/she is there! I love feeling those first little flutters. Since then, I've felt some every day. As is typical, I've felt the most when I've been at rest, either sitting quietly or when I'm lying in bed at night. None of the movements are strong enough for Jim to feel yet. If I remember right, I felt Sam's first movements right around 18 weeks, so I'm a week earlier with this one. I've heard you're likely to feel them a bit earlier with subsequent pregnancies than with the first.

I'm definitely outgrowing my regular pants and jeans, and have been since Thanksgiving. I've been using the rubber band trick on my buttons to give myself a little more breathing room, but I think in another week or so I will have to give up on that and wear my elastic waist maternity pants full time. I am desperately in search of some decent transition/wide band maternity jeans, though. The only pair of jeans I had from my last pregnancy was the kind with the belly panel, which is fine for later, but I'm not big enough for that yet. I tried on a couple different types at Kohl's last weekend, but wasn't happy with the fit of any of them. I'm not sure when I'll have time to go shopping again, but I would really like to find some soon! Most of the maternity jeans I see these days are so trendy and almost like bell bottoms, too, which is frustrating. I don't mind a bit of a wider leg; in fact, I like it, but not the huge "boot cut" that is prevalent right now. I'll have to go in our local consignment shop again soon and check there, to see if they have anything new since last time I checked.

I keep telling Sam about the baby in my belly, and now he thinks there is one in his belly, too. :) He has this big fascination with his belly button lately, too--he's a nut!

My biggest pregnancy complaint is still sciatic nerve trouble. If I accidentally sleep on my back at night, then try to get up and go to the bathroom, I can barely walk. I had the same problem with my first pregnancy. I do my best to sleep on my side, and can even still sleep on my tummy some at this point, but once in a while I end up on my back, and then I pay for it later! I've also been having really vivid and intense dreams, which I know can be another pregnancy-related thing. I don't remember experiencing that with Sam, though. They're not usually bad dreams, just really vivid, and I wake up so tired from dreaming all night (or what seems like all night).

Well, I guess that is brings things up-to-date for now. :) My next appoinment will be Dec. 19th. It seems like the time is just flying by! Before we know it, Christmas will be here. I'm not ready!

POLL OF THE WEEK:
What is/was your favorite part about being pregnant? Least favorite part? Some people feel "their best" when pregnant, or so I've heard. Not me! But there are many things I like about it. Share away, and I'll try and share my answers later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Question! Can't bring myself to answer the last one after reading how little others gained!! I love knowing there is a sweet little life growing in me, feeling all the kicks and rolls, hearing the heartbeat. I love my husband rubbing my belly and seeing the kicks. Ilove all the spoiling my older children give me and the announcement they give EVERYWHERE we go "Our Mom is going to have a baby!" I love to watch our 2 year old stare at my belly -trying to see our baby, pointing to my belly saying "baby!" and to herself "big girl". I guess I better end. I am so thankful for another precious gift from God. I don't like gaining the weight, but thankfully it has always come off.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm glad to hear that your pregnancy is going well. You mentioned that you're looking for maternity pants with a wide waist band. I LOVED the ones I got from Old Navy. They were so comfortable and I was actually able to wear them my whole pregnancy.