Saturday, October 29, 2005

Thanks . . .

To all those who commented regarding this blog name. I think I'll stick with it. :) By the way, I don't mind when people say something about my "eating for two" when I'm pregnant--because it's true! It's just when people would teasingly say that, just because I took a little more food than usual at a church supper or something, that I would find it a little bit trying. :)

It is so amazing how one's appetite increases enormously even in the early days of pregnancy! Sometimes it feels like all Sam and I do is eat all day. :)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Bummer on the throwing-up! I am so blessed that I haven't had to deal with that thus far in either of my pregnancies. I had about 3 weeks when I was hungry all the time but nothing sounded good to eat, except fried things like grilled cheese and fish sticks. LOL! I actually just ate whatever sounded good, even if it wasn't nutritious, because I knew it wouldn't be like that for long. Now most everything sounds and tastes good. :)

Erin said...

So...when you're pregnant, sticking to a particular diet just goes out the window?

Sounds difficult, because how do you know what to buy at the grocery store? Does your hubby ever balk at the combinations of things you come home with?:o)

Carrie said...

Erin, I think it's different for each person. :) I mostly try to eat fairly healthy (except times like today, when I bought half-price Halloween candy, LOL!) When your turn comes, you may have more self-control than me. :)

I'm back to eating normal stuff again now; it was just a few weeks that I felt crazy and had the unhealthy cravings. Jim basically just puts up with my oddities during that time; I try to make normal food for him, even if it's a little sketchy because I don't feel like cooking. I guess I would rather just eat what tastes good during those icky feeling weeks, so that I get something in my tummy that sets well. For some reason, with both my pregnancies so far, during those first weeks, fried foods set better than healthy ones. Go figure! :)

I haven't yet experienced any really weird cravings, though. One thing I've been wanting a lot of with this pregnancy is orange juice, which I didn't with my first. At least that is something good for me! :)